Kids, parents, grandparents and farm animals all agree – Berkshire Botanical Garden’s Farm in the Garden Camp is THE place to be!
At Farm in the Garden Camp, children learn the connections that exist with themselves, nature, the food we eat and the friendships that develop in between. There are baby animals to feed, vegetables to tend to, songs to sing, food to prepare and a life-long relationship with the outdoors to start building.
Registration for Farm Camp 2016 beginning in January! More details coming soon.
2016 Farm Camp Sessions:
Session 1: June 27 – July 1, 2016
Session 2: July 4 – 8, 2016
Session 3: July 11 – 15, 2016
Session 4: July 18 – 22, 2016
Session 5: July 25 – 29, 2016
Session 6: August 1 – 5, 2016
For more information, contact Chris Wellens, Farm in the Garden Camp Director, at 413.298.3926 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Farm in the Garden Camp
- Open to children 5 -14 years old
- One-week sessions; sign up for multiple weeks
- Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Drop-off at 8:45 a.m.
- A maximum of 25 campers per session
- 1:3 staff to camper ration
- care for sheep and goats, bunnies, and chickens
- build a bean trellis, pull carrots, dig potatoes
- spin honey from our garden beehive
- sing songs and hear stories
- cook and eat snacks from food that we grew ourselves
- sell flowers, homemade treats, and hand-harvested veggies at the Thursday Family Farm Stand
- bake pizza in a cob oven for our Friday Farm Feast celebration
- make new friends!
A typical day at Farm in the Garden Camp
- 9:00 Campers Arrive/ Morning Circle
- 9:30 Farm Animal Chores
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Activity I
- 11:15 Activity II
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:00 Story in the Schoolhouse
- 1:30 Choice: Games, Craft, Animals, or Water Play
- 2:30 Closing Circle of Thanks
- 3:00 Campers leave for the day
What to Bring to Camp
- Campers should arrive in appropriate clothing for farm and garden work including a hat
- Campers should wear comfortable, closed toe shoes
- Snack, Lunch, Water bottle
- Swimsuit & towel (for slip and slide)
- Backpack or bag for bringing home swimsuit, towel, crafts, etc.
- Sunblock/bug repellant should be applied before campers arrive
- Please label all items with child’s name