Kids, parents, grandparents and farm animals all agree – Berkshire Botanical Garden’s Farm in the Garden Camp is THE place to be!
Have your 5-10 year old join us for one of our five, one-week sessions between July 7st and August 8th. Children learn the connections that exist with themselves, nature, the food we eat and the friendships that develop in between. There are baby animals to feed, vegetables to tend to, songs to sing, food to prepare and a life-long relationship with the outdoors to start building.
A deposit of $100 is required per session, per child, of which $50 is non-refundable. You can reserve a spot for your camper (or campers) below by paying the deposit for the week in which you would like your child to attend. After we receive your deposit, we will send you a full registration form. Camp program fees are $350 per week for Garden members, $375 per week for Nonmembers. There will be one $25 discount per family for multiple weeks or siblings; discounts cannot be combined. Financial assistance available. For more information email email@example.com or call the Garden at 413.298.3926.
Week 2: July 14-July 18, 2014
Week 3: July 21-July 25, 2014
Week 4: July 28-August ,1 2014
Week 5: August 4-August 8, 2014
About Farm in the Garden Camp
- Open to 5 -10 year olds
- One-week sessions
- Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Drop-off at 8:45 a.m.
- A maximum of 18 campers per session
- Low staff to camper ratios
- care for sheep and goats, feed bunnies, collect eggs
- build a bean trellis, pull carrots, dig potatoes
- make (and eat!) ice cream
- sing songs and hear stories
- eat snacks that we grew ourselves
- card and felt wool
- sell flowers at our farm stand
- make new friends!
A typical day at Farm in the Garden Camp
- 9:00 Campers Arrive/ Morning Circle
- 9:30 Farm Animal Chores
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Activity I
- 11:15 Activity II
- 12:15 Lunch/Circle of Thanks
- 1:00 Story in the Schoolhouse
- 1:30 Choice: Games, Craft, Animals, or Water Play
- 2:30 Small group time
- 3:00 Campers leave for the day
What to Bring to Camp
- Campers should arrive in appropriate clothing for farm and garden work including a hat
- Campers should wear comfortable, closed toe shoes
- Snack, Lunch, Water bottle
- Swimsuit & towel (for slip and slide)
- Backpack or bag for bringing home swimsuit, towel, crafts, etc.
- Sunblock/bug repellant should be applied before campers arrive
- Please label all items with child’s name