Kids, parents, grandparents and farm animals all agree – Berkshire Botanical Garden’s Farm in the Garden Camp is THE place to be!
Have your 5-14 year old join us for one of our six, one-week sessions between June 29 and August 7th. Children learn the connections that exist with themselves, nature, the food we eat and the friendships that develop in between. There are baby animals to feed, vegetables to tend to, songs to sing, food to prepare and a life-long relationship with the outdoors to start building.
For more information, call Chris Wellens, Farm in the Garden Camp Director, at 413.298.3926 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Farm in the Garden Camp
- Open to 5 -14 year olds (11-14 age group new to 2015!)
- One-week sessions
- Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Drop-off at 8:45 a.m.
- A maximum of 23 campers per session
- Low staff to camper ratios
- care for sheep and goats, feed bunnies, collect eggs
- build a bean trellis, pull carrots, dig potatoes
- spin honey from our garden beehive
- sing songs and hear stories
- eat snacks that we grew ourselves
- card and felt wool
- sell flowers at our farm stand
- make new friends!
A typical day at Farm in the Garden Camp
- 9:00 Campers Arrive/ Morning Circle
- 9:30 Farm Animal Chores
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Activity I
- 11:15 Activity II
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:00 Story in the Schoolhouse
- 1:30 Choice: Games, Craft, Animals, or Water Play
- 2:30 Closing Circle of Thanks
- 3:00 Campers leave for the day
What to Bring to Camp
- Campers should arrive in appropriate clothing for farm and garden work including a hat
- Campers should wear comfortable, closed toe shoes
- Snack, Lunch, Water bottle
- Swimsuit & towel (for slip and slide)
- Backpack or bag for bringing home swimsuit, towel, crafts, etc.
- Sunblock/bug repellant should be applied before campers arrive
- Please label all items with child’s name