Kids, parents, grandparents and farm animals all agree – Berkshire Botanical Garden’s Farm in the Garden Camp is THE place to be!
Have your 5-14 year old join us for one of our six, one-week sessions between June 29 and August 7th. Children learn the connections that exist with themselves, nature, the food we eat and the friendships that develop in between. There are baby animals to feed, vegetables to tend to, songs to sing, food to prepare and a life-long relationship with the outdoors to start building.
New for 2015: A program for campers 11-14 years old!
Participants in this new, exciting program will spend part of their week caring for our animals and tending to the vegetable gardens, but put a special focus towards special projects designed to give back to the Farm in the Garden Camp community. Projects will be unique from week-to-week.
A deposit of $100 is required per session, per child, of which $50 is non-refundable. You can reserve a spot for your camper (or campers) below by paying the deposit for the week in which you would like your child to attend. Camp program fees are $350 per week for Garden members, $375 per week for Nonmembers. There will be one $25 discount per family for multiple weeks or siblings; discounts cannot be combined. Financial assistance available.
For more information, call Chris Wellens, Farm in the Garden Camp Director, at 413.298.3926 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
If the selection you make is “out of stock”, please make another selection or call 413.298.3926 to be added to a waiting list for that week’s group.
Week 2: July 6-July 10, 2015
Week 3: July 13-July 17, 2015
Week 4: July 20-July 24, 2015
Week 5: July 27-July 31, 2015
Week 6: August 3-August 7, 2015
Resources & Forms
Camper/Parent Info. Form – please fill out after registering and paying deposit
Enrollment Forms – complete and return no later than June 1
Campership Application – complete if needing to apply for financial assistance
CIT Application - program for ages 15-18
About Farm in the Garden Camp
- Open to 5 -14 year olds (11-14 age group new to 2015!)
- One-week sessions
- Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Drop-off at 8:45 a.m.
- A maximum of 23 campers per session
- Low staff to camper ratios
- care for sheep and goats, feed bunnies, collect eggs
- build a bean trellis, pull carrots, dig potatoes
- spin honey from our garden beehive
- sing songs and hear stories
- eat snacks that we grew ourselves
- card and felt wool
- sell flowers at our farm stand
- make new friends!
A typical day at Farm in the Garden Camp
- 9:00 Campers Arrive/ Morning Circle
- 9:30 Farm Animal Chores
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Activity I
- 11:15 Activity II
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:00 Story in the Schoolhouse
- 1:30 Choice: Games, Craft, Animals, or Water Play
- 2:30 Closing Circle of Thanks
- 3:00 Campers leave for the day
What to Bring to Camp
- Campers should arrive in appropriate clothing for farm and garden work including a hat
- Campers should wear comfortable, closed toe shoes
- Snack, Lunch, Water bottle
- Swimsuit & towel (for slip and slide)
- Backpack or bag for bringing home swimsuit, towel, crafts, etc.
- Sunblock/bug repellant should be applied before campers arrive
- Please label all items with child’s name