Help Make Our Garden Grow»Download volunteer brochure
Volunteer at the Garden
The Berkshire Botanical Garden offers a variety of volunteer opportunities to those who wish to share their passion for the landscape that surrounds us. Throughout the year, volunteers keep the Garden well tended and steady in growth within every department.
Do you like to garden? Dig, prune, water or clip or just plant ideas? Teach? Lead tours? Process paperwork? Lend your skills in a retail environment? If any of these appeal to you then take hold of an opportunity and make a difference at Berkshire Botanical Garden!
Over 300 volunteers dedicate more than 3,000 hours a year to support the Garden in all areas of its operations.
The benefits of volunteering are many:
- Meet new people, connect with other garden enthusiasts and build relationships with the public and with Garden staff members. Volunteer and staff work as a team during the Garden’s many special events and exhibitions
- Learn new skills in and out of the garden; exercise your body and your mind
- Share expertise and champion others in education and horticulture programs or administrative work
- Learn more about the art and science of gardening and preservation of the environment
- Gain work references
- Receive vouchers for classes and workshops for every 50 or more hours of service within a calendar year
- Recognition awards for 100 plus hours of service completed within one calendar year.
In appreciation, the Garden hosts a special late summer gathering in the evening to honor its many volunteers and recognize their generous nature!
If you would like to make a difference, download the attached form, call the Volunteer Coordinator at 413-298-3926, or go to info@BerkshireBotanical.org.
»Download volunteer brochure