Discover Berkshire Botanical Garden!
The Berkshire Botanical Garden welcomes you to tour our 15-acre jewel, conveniently located in the heart of the Berkshires, minutes from many other cultural attractions such as the Norman Rockwell Museum and Tanglewood. Guided public tours are free with admission and offered Monday through Saturday at 10:00 am, weather permitting. Our featured 23 display gardens are designed with beauty and aesthetics in mind, highlighting plants that thrive in the Berkshires. The gardens serve as a living classroom with plant material well labeled for self-guided tours, and are an inspiration for all visitors – gardeners and tourists alike. Seating is available throughout, allowing our visitors to find a sunny or shady spot to contemplate the Garden. To enhance the Garden experience, featured outdoor design, sculpture, and architectural exhibits are sited throughout the Garden.
Some highlights of Berkshire Botanical Garden include:
- Historic herb garden, est. 1937, contains over 100 varieties of herbs.
- Enchanting Procter Garden, an old-fashioned mixed border garden.
- Pond and Rock Gardens, home to plants that thrive in specific environments.
- Towering Arboretum, a diverse selection of native and exotic tree species.
- A collection of stunning seasonal displays including fruit and vegetable beds, bulbs, annuals, grasses, vines, perennials, blooming shrubs and trees and ground covers.
Throughout the year, the Garden organizes several special events. You may want to plan a visit for one of these weekends during 2016; however, guided Garden tours will not be available at these times.
- Plant Sale — Mother’s Day Weekend
- Harvest Festival — Columbus Day Weekend
- Holiday Marketplace — First Saturday and Sunday of December
The Garden is staffed from 9:00am to 5:00pm daily, and our season extends from May 1 through Columbus Day, however tours may be scheduled outside of regular operating hours.
The Garden terrain is generally wheelchair-friendly, though some trails are slightly inclined and heavy rainstorms can temporarily make some paths difficult to traverse.
Allow enough time to visit our Welcome Center to learn more about the Garden, our history and the many classes, events and programs that we offer throughout the year. Souvenirs and light snacks are also available.
Guided tours focusing on seasonal highlights and an in-depth look at the riches of the display gardens as well as custom presentations or demonstrations by Garden staff are available with advance notice for groups with specific interests. Groups may bring a picnic lunch or arrange for box lunches from one of several fine local dining establishments. Download a Group Tour Info and Reservation form to reserve a date for your group.
For reservations and more information, contact us at 413-298-3926 ext. 10 or email@example.com