Bring Your Class To BBG For Your Next School Field Trip!
Berkshire Botanical Garden offers age and grade appropriate programming for schools, homeschoolers, youth organizations, preschoolers, and daycare centers. BBG programs cultivate scientific discovery through inquiry-based instruction and memorable hands-on activities that allow students to draw upon prior knowledge and extend learning into new areas.
Each visit will take students through the diversity of the plant world as they travel from garden to garden: Explore the five-senses in the historic herb garden, observe plants and animal interactions by the pond, meet the plants that grow of our food, and discover more that the gardens have to offer.
While the exact itinerary of each visit will change, each group will be have time to explore the Children’s Discovery Garden and transplant an herb or veggie for each student to take to care for at home!
Please contact Bridgette Stone, Director of Education, at email@example.com or call 413-354-8410 to schedule your visit.
Reservation Policies And Pricing Information
- Each guided visit will last approximately an hour and consist of a tour of the Garden and each student transplanting a plant to take home (visits booked less than a month in advance will include this activity only if plant material is available). Tours will feature what’s at its best on the particular day of the tour. Please notify BBG regarding any specific academic goals when registering.
- Groups are welcome to stay at BBG after their program to explore more of the garden or enjoy their lunch on the grounds. Please notify garden staff when booking if staying for lunch to ensure a space is reserved.
- Start times are flexible during morning hours. No guided afternoon visits are available at this time.
- Trips must be booked at least a month in advance.
- The cost for guided visits is $84 for a maximum of 12 students. Each additional student will be charged $7.
- There is no charge for accompanying adults. Adults must be assisting the group to not be charged the standard adult admission price.
- A $50 deposit is required to confirm a reservation. The remaining balance is due upon arrival.
- BBG assumes the right to use images from the trip for promotional purposes. Please notify us in writing of any exceptions prior to your visit.