Bring Your Class To BBG For Your Next School Field Trip!
Berkshire Botanical Garden offers age and grade appropriate programming for schools, homeschoolers, youth organizations, preschoolers, and daycare centers. BBG programs cultivate scientific discovery through inquiry-based instruction and memorable hands-on activities that allow students to draw upon prior knowledge and extend learning into new areas.
Each visit will take students through the diversity of the plant world as they travel from garden to garden: Explore the five-senses in the historic herb garden, observe plants and animal interactions by the pond, meet the plants that grow of our food, and discover more that the gardens have to offer.
While the exact itinerary of each visit will change, each group will be have time to explore the Children’s Discovery Garden and transplant an herb or veggie for each student to take to care for at home!
Berkshire Botanical Garden offers field trips to students K-8. Each group can choose from various lessons focusing on inquiry-based instruction and scientific discovery within the garden! Lessons align with Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks. COVID safety protocols are in place to ensure a safe and healthy learning environment.
Pricing: The school should provide a 1-5 chaperone-to-student ratio minimum reservation of 10, and a maximum group size is 30. programs are only confirmed once payment is received. The price per child is $10.
Changes and Cancellations: If you need to make a scheduling change, we will work to reschedule within the school year. Cancellations made four weeks in advance will receive a full refund. Cancellations made 1 - 4 weeks in advance will receive a 50% refund. There are no refunds for cancelations made seven days or less before the scheduled date.
Lunch: Groups are welcome to bring a bagged picnic lunch to the garden and eat on the grounds before or after their program(s). Please note there are no in-door dining facilities at BBG.
Weather: We ask that groups wear appropriate clothing for outdoor learning. In the event of severe weather, groups will have the option to reschedule their program.
Please email email@example.com to schedule your visit!
Please contact Bridgette Stone, Director of Education, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 413-354-8410 to schedule your visit.
Reservation Policies And Pricing Information
Each guided visit will last approximately an hour and include a hands-on activity. Please notify BBG regarding any specific academic goals when registering.
- Groups are welcome to stay at BBG after their program to explore more of the garden or enjoy lunch on the grounds. Please notify garden staff when booking if you are staying for lunch to ensure a space is reserved.
- Trips must be booked at least a month in advance.
- The cost for field trips is $10 per student for a maximum of 30 students.
- There is no charge for accompanying adults. Adults must assist the group to not be charged the standard adult admission price.
- Programs are only confirmed once payment is received.
- BBG assumes the right to use images from the trip for promotional purposes. Please notify us in writing of any exceptions before your visit.