Berkshire Botanical Garden
The Advanced Certificate in Sustainable Land Stewardship prepares gardeners and Landcare professionals for the ever-increasing demand for sustainable easily maintained landscapes. Courses will focus on ecologically-sensitive gardening practices suited to our region, and the efficient use of land for both ornamental and self-sustaining purposes. Elective courses cover specific topics in horticulture and will vary from year to year.
Fall 2021 Courses that qualify (Hours)
- Northeast Ethnobotany (6)
- Field Survey of Grassland Meadows (6)
- Ornamental Tree and Shrub ID and Insect Walk (2)
- Goldenrod and Asters Field Study (6)
- Botanical Names for the Fearful (4)
- Marketing your Gardening Business (1)
- Design for Landscape Regeneration (6)
- 7th Annual Rooted in Place Ecological Gardening Symposium (6)
- Beginners Chainsaw Skills Workshop (7)
- Women’s Chainsaw Skills Workshop (7)
44 total classroom hours are offered in Fall 2021. Register for 3 or more courses and receive a 10% discount. Register for all classes listed and receive a 20% discount. Contact Director of Education Bridgette Stone at the number below.
Questions? Call Director of Education at 413 354 8410