Berkshire Botanical Garden
Led by Kerry Ann Mendez, this in-depth course covers key steps for designing and planting ever-blooming, sustainable flower gardens, including light and soil assessment, bed preparation, and plant placement on Saturday, April 6, from 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Participants will learn about top-performing perennials, flowering shrubs and annuals (many of which are natives or nativars), as well as unusual, proven techniques for producing marathon-blooming compositions.
- Site Assessment and Bed Preparation (sunlight and soil analysis, bed preparation (for new and existing gardens)
- Plant placement for three seasons of bloom from perennials, shrubs and annuals
- Sensational perennials, flowering shrubs and annuals that benefit both gardener and pollinator
- Clever design tips for ever-blooming, low-maintenance gardens, including teaching examples from before and after design projects
- Routine and seasonal garden care including: recommended mulches & fertilizers; eliminating weeds; dividing perennials; pruning flowering shrubs; putting gardens to bed in fall; and much more!
Registration includes extensive handouts and gardening catalogs; class gift, refreshments; door prizes; and CEU form for Master Gardeners and green industry professionals. Also, a light lunch will be provided and free BBG admission for the weekend is included.
Kerry Ann Mendez has over 25 years of professional and personal garden experience with special interest in low-maintenance gardening. Kerry Ann is a garden author and lecturer who incorporates humor, abundant excitement, knowledge, and above all a passion for low-maintenance garden and landscape design. (Kerry's website link HERE)
The Red Lion Inn and their sister property, the Briarcliff Motel, are offering a 10 percent discount on rooms to FGI attendees.