Discover Berkshire Botanical Garden!
The Berkshire Botanical Garden welcomes you to tour our 15-acre jewel, conveniently located in the heart of the Berkshires, minutes from many other cultural attractions such as the Norman Rockwell Museum and Tanglewood. Guided public tours are free with admission and offered daily, June 1 - September 1 at 11:00 am, weather permitting.
Produced by Sandpail Productions with voice talent provided by Grace Angela Henry, our self-guided audio tour allows visitors to walk at their own pace while listening to narrated commentary located at 21 points of interest throughout the 15-acre Garden. These tours are available free of charge with Garden admission all day long, and are available upon check-in at the Visitor Center.
The gardens serve as a living classroom with plant material well labeled for self-guided tours, and are an inspiration for all visitors – gardeners and tourists alike. Seating is available throughout, allowing our visitors to find a sunny or shady spot to contemplate the Garden. To enhance the Garden experience, featured outdoor design, sculpture, and architectural exhibits are sited throughout the Garden. Our featured 23 display gardens are designed with beauty and aesthetics in mind, highlighting plants that thrive in the Berkshires.
Some highlights of Berkshire Botanical Garden
- Historic herb garden, est. 1937, contains over 100 varieties of herbs.
- Enchanting Procter Garden, an old-fashioned mixed border garden.
- Pond and Rock Gardens, home to plants that thrive in specific environments.
- Towering Arboretum, a diverse selection of native and exotic tree species.
- A collection of stunning seasonal displays including fruit and vegetable beds, bulbs, annuals, grasses, vines, perennials, blooming shrubs and trees and ground covers.
- The new topiary collection recently donated to the Garden and considered one of the finest collections in North America. It includes 21 large, custom-designed topiaries in nine different vignettes.
Throughout the year, the Garden organizes several special events. You may want to plan a visit for one of these weekends during 2019; however, guided Garden tours will not be available at these times. Self-guided audio tours are available every day throughout the season.
- Bulb Show — March 4 - March 22
- May 4 & 5 — Daffodil Show
- Plant Sale — May 10 & 11
- Grow Show and Contained Exuberance — August 10 & 11
- Harvest Festival — October 12 & 13
- Holiday Marketplace — December 7 & 8
The Garden terrain is generally wheelchair-friendly, though some trails are slightly inclined and heavy rainstorms can temporarily make some paths difficult to traverse.
Allow enough time to stop by our Visitor Center to learn more about the Garden, our history and the many classes, events and programs that we offer throughout the year. Souvenirs and light snacks are also available.
Private Group Tours
Guided tours focusing on seasonal highlights, and an in-depth look at the riches of the display gardens by our Garden staff and volunteers, are available with advance notice for groups of 10 or more. Our season extends from May 1 through Columbus Day. Groups may choose to bring a picnic lunch or arrange for box lunches from one of several fine local dining establishments.
Download the 2019 Group Tour Info form to reserve a date for your group.
For reservations and more information, contact us at 413-298-3926 ext. 10 or email@example.com
School Group Tours
BBG provides discounted rates for teachers wishing to bring their class on a field trip. Please visit the Digging Deeper: School Visits page for more information.