Thank you all for a wonderful 2018 camp season!
More 2019 Farm Camp information coming soon.
Grow. Work. Play. Celebrate.
At Farm in the Garden Camp, we nurture the seeds of stewardship by connecting children to our food system, environment, and to one another.
Farm in the Garden Camp provides time, space, and guidance for children to do meaningful work and play in a caring, garden community. Campers experience the inherent pleasure and personal agency that comes from making things by hand. Their time in the garden will be spent caring for the plants and animals that sustain us and making good use of the harvest. They will make cheese, collect eggs, bake quiches from scratch, press fresh cider, sheer sheep, and walk goats among many other hands-on, exciting farm and garden activities. At Farm in the Garden Camp, participants are invited to be part of a community that is committed to educating and inspiring others. We hope to see you this summer!
About Farm in the Garden Camp
- Open to children 5-14 years old
- Sign up for one or multiple weeks
- Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Drop-off at 8:45 a.m.
- A maximum of 25 campers per session
- 1:3 staff to camper ratio
Some of the things we do at Farm Camp
- Care for sheep, goats, rabbits, and chickens
- Pull carrots, dig potatoes
- Extract honey from the beehive
- Sing songs and hear stories
- Cook and eat snacks from food that we grow ourselves
- Sell homemade treats, and hand-harvested flowers and vegetables at the Thursday Family Farm Stand
- Bake pizza in a cob oven for our Friday Farm Feast celebration
- Make new friends!
A typical day at Farm in the Garden Camp
- 9:00 Campers Arrive
- 9:15 Opening Circle with the whole camp community
- 9:30 Farm animal and garden chores
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Activity I (in age groups)
- 11:15 Activity II (in age groups)
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:00 Story under the Grandfather Tree
- 1:30 Choice Time Activities (mixed age groups)
- 2:45 Closing Circle of Thanks
- 3:00 Campers leave for the day
2019 Session Dates
(1) July 1 - 3 (NO CAMP July 4 & 5)
(2) July 8 - 12
(3) July 15 - 19
(4) July 22 - 26
(5) July 29 - August 2
(6) August 5 - 9
(7) August 12 - 16