Grow. Work. Play. Celebrate.
At Farm in the Garden Camp, we nurture the seeds of stewardship by connecting children to our food system, environment, and to one another.
Farm in the Garden Camp provides time, space, and guidance for children to do meaningful work and play in a caring, garden community. Campers experience the inherent pleasure and personal agency that comes from making things by hand. Their time in the garden will be spent caring for the plants and animals that sustain us and making good use of the harvest. They will make cheese, collect eggs, bake quiches from scratch, press fresh cider, sheer sheep, and walk goats among many other hands-on, exciting farm and garden activities. At Farm in the Garden Camp, participants are invited to be part of a community that is committed to educating and inspiring others. We hope to see you this summer!
About Farm in the Garden Camp
- Open to children 5-14 years old
- Sign up for one or multiple weeks
- Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Drop-off at 8:45 a.m.
- A maximum of 25 campers per session
- 1:3 staff to camper ratio
Some of the things we do at Farm Camp
- Care for sheep, goats, rabbits, and chickens
- Pull carrots, dig potatoes
- Extract honey from the beehive
- Sing songs and hear stories
- Cook and eat snacks from food that we grow ourselves
- Sell homemade treats, and hand-harvested flowers and vegetables at the Thursday Family Farm Stand
- Bake pizza in a cob oven for our Friday Farm Feast celebration
- Make new friends!
A typical day at Farm in the Garden Camp
- 9:00 Campers Arrive
- 9:15 Opening Circle with the whole camp community
- 9:30 Farm animal and garden chores
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Activity I (in age groups)
- 11:15 Activity II (in age groups)
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:00 Story under the Grandfather Tree
- 1:30 Choice Time Activities (mixed age groups)
- 2:45 Closing Circle of Thanks
- 3:00 Campers leave for the day
2018 Session Dates
(1) July 2 - 6 (NO CAMP Wednesday, July 4th)
(2) July 9 - 13
(3) July 16 - 20
(4) July 23 - 27
(5) July 30 - August 3
(6) August 6 - 10
(7) August 13 - 17 (NEW! 7th Session)
2018 Tuition Rates
A non-refundable $100 deposit is required to reserve a space at Farm Camp. A separate deposit is required for each child and each session. The deposit can be paid on the bottom of this page. The remaining balance is due June 1 and can be paid by clicking here.
Session 1 (week of 4th of July, 4 day program)
BBG Member: $300
All other sessions, 5 day program
BBG Member: $370
NEW THIS SUMMER (2018)!
Early drop-off and late pick-up.
Details and pricing coming soon.
The $100 deposit is non-refundable.
After May 1, tuition paid above the registration deposit will only be refunded if BBG is able to fill the cancelled space.
No refunds will be given within two weeks of a camp session beginning.
A limited number of Camperships are available to offset the cost of coming to Farm in the Garden Camp. The $100 registration deposit must be paid prior to applying for a campership.
- Due by June 1. Required for all camp participants.
- Forms can be filled out and signed digitally. Download the newest Adobe Reader DC here (free) to take advantage of the digital signature features. You may also print them then either mail or scan and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- See the Camper and Parent Handbook for more information.
Are you too old to sign up for Farm Camp but still want to be a part of the fun? Join the talented Farm Camp staff! Available positions are listed on the BBG Employment page here.