Grow. Work. Play. Celebrate.
At Farm in the Garden Camp, we nurture the seeds of stewardship by connecting children to the Garden, to our food system, to the environment and to one another. Register here for Farm in Garden Camp 2021! Interested in joining the camp team as an LIT? Our Leaders-in-Training are volunteers, age 15-18, who support educators in guiding campers through daily farm, garden and craft acitivits. Apply now!
Farm in the Garden Camp provides time, space and guidance for children to engage in purposeful play in an energizing and kind garden community. Their time in the garden will be spent caring for the plants and animals that sustain us and making good use of the harvest. Participants will plant seedlings, collect eggs, harvest vegetables, go on nature walks, do botanical crafts and so much more! At Farm in the Garden Camp, participants are invited to be part of a community that is committed to educating and inspiring others. We hope to see you this summer!
We Are Ready!
After the difficult but necessary decision to cancel Camp in 2020, we are ready to welcome campers back with new safety measures in place. Here are a few changes we are making for 2021:
- Required masks, distancing procedures, symptoms checks and increased hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Group sizes will be smaller and stay separate.
- Instructors will stay with their same groups for the entire session to limit exposure.
- To make up for lost time and limited capacity, we’ve added a 4-day Spring Break Camp and an 8th week of camp in the summer.
- New and adapted activities to accommodate safety protocols.
- More time outside! We will only be indoors in a very limited capacity or in unsafe weather conditions.
New this Year! Our SPRING BREAK Farm in the Garden Camp
Click here to learn more
SUMMER Farm in the Garden Camp
- Open to children 6-14 years old
- Sign up for one or multiple weeks
- Camp runs Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
- Currently, no extended care offered in 2021
- A maximum of 21 campers per session
- Group sizes of 6-8 children and 2 educators per group
2021 Summer Camp Session Dates:
(1) June 28 - July 2
(2) July 5 - 9
(3) July 12 - 16
(4) July 19 - 23
(5) July 26 - 30
(6) August 2 - 6
(7) August 9 - 13
(8) August 16 - 20*
*Session 8 is running at a limited capacity and currently only open to ages 5-10.
2021 Summer Camp Tuition
A $100 deposit per camper is required upon registration. See below for Financial Assistance.
Member: $380 / Non-Member: $415
Some of the Things We Do at Farm Camp
- Feed and care for animals like our chickens
- Plant, harvest, water and dig in the children’s vegetable garden
- Play games and hear stories
- Make botanical creations from things we grow, like balms or natural bug spray
- Create art from found natural objects
- Have fun and make new friends!
A Typical Day at Farm in the Garden Camp
- 8:45 to 9:15 Campers arrive
- 9:15 Opening Circle
- 9:30 Farm and garden chores
- 10:00 Snack
- 10:15 Activity I
- 11:15 Activity II
- 12:15 Lunch
- 1:00 Free play or story
- 1:30 Activity III
- 2:45 Closing Circle of Thanks
- 3:00 Campers leave for the day
Financial Aid in the form of “Camperships” is available to families who demonstrate a financial need. Applications for Camperships are included in the Health Forms, which are accessible after registering and paying a $100 deposit. If you are unable to pay for the deposit and would like to be considered for a full scholarship, please reach out to the Education Director. Spring Camperships will be awarded on a rolling, first come-first-served basis. For any questions regarding financial aid, please contact our Education Director at 413-354-8410.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
A $100 deposit is required upon registration to guarantee a spot in Camp, and full payment is due by June 1, 2021. Should your plans change and you are no longer able to attend Camp, we will refund you the registration fee, minus $100. Please note that no refunds can be given after June 1, 2021. However, if a camper or an immediate family member tests positive for COVID-19 before or during camp, BBG will offer a full refund or the option to apply the payment to a future BBG program.
If any future federal, state or local COVID-19 regulations prevent BBG from running Farm Camp in 2021, all camper families will have the option to receive a full refund, including the otherwise non-refundable $100 deposit. You will also have the option to have your refund transferred to a program credit or turn the registration fee into a tax-deductible donation to BBG.
Summer Camp Registration Opening
Please note, BBG Farm in the Garden Camp will run at a limited capacity due to anticipated COVID regulations. Priority for registration will be given to families who were already registered for Camp in 2020. If there are still spaces available, registration will open first to current BBG members and then to the general public. Learn more about BBG Memberships here.
January 13, 2021: 2020 Camp Families
January 27, 2021: BBG Members (space permitting)
February 3, 2021: General Public (space permitting)
BBG is carefully following all guidelines and recommendations provided by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the CDC. These include:
- Requiring all visitors to wear a face-covering when in the Garden.
- Requiring social distancing of a least 6 feet.
- Implementing regular daily cleaning of bathrooms and other facilities.
- Providing hand sanitizer and extra handwashing stations.
- Running programs outdoors when possible or in a well-ventilated area, 6 feet apart when indoors.
All participating families:
If anyone in your pod is showing symptoms of COVID-19 or has been in contact with someone showing symptoms, we ask that you call the Camp Director to evaluate your options before arriving at the Garden. Symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Cough, difficulty breathing
- Sore throat
- Skin rash
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Muscle and/or body aches
- Congestion or runny nose
- Loss of taste and/or smell
Follow us on Facebook and Instagram or sign up for our newsletter for the latest updates and resources to share with your family!